Structure
S + 也 yě + V
也 yě generally indicates that something is included in a similar way to what has been mentioned or in addition to it which can be translated into “also,” “either,” or “too” in English.
我喜歡狗,我弟弟也喜歡狗我喜欢狗,我弟弟也喜欢狗
I like dogs, and my younger brother likes them, too.
我也要喝珍珠奶茶!我也要喝珍珠奶茶!
I want to drink bubble tea, too!
你明天也會翹課嗎?你明天也会翘课吗?
Will you also skip class tomorrow?
你也覺得中文很難嗎?你也觉得中文很难吗?
Do you also find Chinese difficult?
When using negation, the negated word has to be placed after 也 yě.
他不吃肉,你也不吃肉嗎?他不吃肉,你也不吃肉吗?
He doesn’t eat meat. Do you also not eat meat?
我也不想學中文我也不想学中文
I don’t want to learn Chinese either.
我也沒錢我也没钱
I have no money either.
S + 也 yě + SV
明天天氣也很熱明天天气也很热
The weather will be hot tomorrow, too.
我今天也很忙我今天也很忙
I’m busy today as well.
日文難,韓文也難,為什麼語言都很難日文难,韩文也难,为什么语言都很难
Japanese is difficult, and Korean is also difficult. Why are all languages difficult?
我很高,我弟弟也很高我很高,我弟弟也很高
I’m tall, and my younger brother is tall, too.
Common Mistakes
It is important to note that 也 yě is always placed before the verb and after the subject in Chinese sentences.
她有狗,我有狗也她有狗,我有狗也 ❌
她有狗,也我有狗她有狗,也我有狗 ❌
她有狗,我也有狗她有狗,我也有狗 ✅
She has a dog, I have a dog, too.
How to say “me, too” in Chinese
我也我也 ❌
我也是我也是 ✅
+ 1 ✅
FYI
the phrase “+1” (加一/jiāyī) is commonly used to express “me too” or “same here” in informal contexts. It is similar to the concept of “liking” or “upvoting” a comment or post on social media platforms. By using “+1,” someone is indicating that they share the same opinion or experience as the previous speaker. This usage is derived from internet culture and has become popular in informal conversations among Chinese speakers.