Grammar Point:
对 duì is a versatile Chinese preposition used to indicate direction, target, or relation. It can mean “towards,” or “regarding,” “for.”
Structure
对 duì + Topic + Adj. (Comment/Opinion)
It is used to indicate that an action is directed at someone or something or to express “regarding” or “concerning” a topic or subject.
男朋友對我很好男朋友对我很好
My boyfriend treats me well.
加拿大人對人很客氣加拿大人对人很客气
Canadians are polite to others.
我的父母對我很失望我的父母对我很失望
My parents are very disappointed in me.
我對Tiffany的課很滿意我对Tiffany的课很满意
I am satisfied with Tiffany’s class.
对 duì + O + V (Action)
It expresses movement or orientation towards something in a physical sense.
她對我說,我是笨蛋她对我说,我是笨蛋
She told me I’m a fool.
每次我的狗對空氣大叫,我都很害怕每次我的狗对空气大叫,我都很害怕
Every time my dog barks at the air, I get scared.
孩子對老師笑孩子对老师笑
The child smiled at the teacher.
你對海鮮過敏嗎?你对海鲜过敏吗?
Are you allergic to seafood?
对 duì + N + 有/没有 + N (Influence/Effect)
It expresses a cause-and-effect relationship, meaning “for” or “toward.”
我對名牌包沒興趣我对名牌包没兴趣
I am not interested in luxury handbags.
她對公司有很多不滿她对公司有很多不满
She has a lot of dissatisfaction with the company.
你不覺得小王對小美有意思嗎?你不觉得小王对小美有意思吗?
Don’t you think Xiao Wang has feelings for Xiao Mei?
我對沒有很多錢的工作沒耐心我对没有很多钱的工作没耐心
I am not patient with jobs that don’t pay well.