Grammar Point:
A “数量补语 shùliàng bǔyǔ” (Quantitative Complement) indicates the quantity, frequency, or duration of an action or state. In this article, we will focus on discussing the frequency or quantity of an action or state.hinese Quantitative Complement
Chinese Quantitative Complement
Structure
Adj. + Quantity Complement
我比弟弟大三歲我比弟弟大三岁
I am three years older than my brother.
他的錢比我多一些他的钱比我多一些
He has a little more money than I do.
這家店比那家店貴10塊錢这家店比那家店贵10块钱
This store is 10 dollars more expensive than that store.
台灣的冬天很潮濕,只有南部乾一點台湾的冬天很潮湿,只有南部干一点儿
The winter in Taiwan is very humid, only the south is a little dryer.
V + Frequency Complement
我去過兩次我去过两次
I have been there twice.
這本書很有趣,所以我看了兩遍这本书很有意思,所以我看了两遍
This book is very interesting, so I read it twice.
- Differences between 次 cì and 遍 biàn: Synonyms of “Times” in Chinese
不好意思老闆正在開會,請你等一下不好意思老板正在开会,请你等一下
Sorry, the boss is having a meeting. Please wait a moment.
With Object
V + Frequency Complement + O
When the object refers to a thing, it should come after the quantitative complement.
我讀了三遍這本書我读了三遍这本书
I have read this book three times.
你能借我一下你的手機嗎你能借我一下你的手机吗
May I borrow your cellphone for a second?
姐姐喝了三口我的咖啡姐姐喝了三口我的咖啡
My sister drank three sips of my coffee.
V + O + Frequency Complement
If the object of a verb specifies a person, animal, or location, it can be placed either before or after the quantitative complement.
我去過台灣很多次我去过台湾很多次
I have been to Taiwan many times.
我去過很多次台灣我去过很多次台湾
I have been to Taiwan many times.
我找了他兩次我找了他两次
I looked for him twice.
- Quantitative Complements 2 (HSK 3)