以后 yǐhòu
- 以后 yǐhòu means “after” or “in the future.”
- It is used to refer to a point in time or a period that occurs after the present moment or a specific reference point. And it is often followed by a time phrase or a specific event.
Time or Verb + 以後/以后 (After)
我星期五以後有空我星期五以后有空
I will be available after Friday.
很多人說1981年以後出生的孩子是草莓族很多人说1981年以后出生的孩子是草莓族
Many people say that children born after 1981 are the “strawberry generation.”
FYI
草莓族 cǎoméi zú is a slang term in Chinese that is often used to describe the younger generation, specifically those born after 1981. It is derived from the idea that strawberries are delicate fruits that bruise easily, implying that this generation is seen as fragile or easily affected by setbacks and challenges.
下課以後,你要不要跟我一起吃飯?下课以后,你要不要跟我一起吃饭?
After class, would you like to have a meal with me?
離婚以後,我找回自己离婚以后,我找回自己
After the divorce, I found myself again.
S + 以后 + V + O (In the future)
以後你想做什麼?以后你想做什么?
What do you want to do in the future?
我以後絕對不會再來這家黑店我以后绝对不会再来这家黑店
I will definitely not come to this shady store again in the future.
FYI
黑店 hēidiàn (black store) is a Chinese slang term that refers to an establishment, usually a restaurant or business, that operates in an unfair or deceptive manner. These businesses often take advantage of customers through practices such as overcharging, providing poor-quality products or services, or using misleading advertising. The term can be translated as ‘shady establishment’ or ‘blacklisted business.’
我以後一定會很想你我以后一定会很想你
I will definitely miss you a lot in the future.
以後的事誰也不知道以后的事谁也不知道
No one knows what will happen in the future.
Practice
TouchHover over the space to see the answers.
✔️ It will rain after noon today, remember to bring an umbrella.
今天中午以後會下雨,你記得帶雨傘今天中午以后会下雨,你记得带雨伞
✔️ Will you want to adopt a Taiwanese dog in the future?
你以後會想養一隻台灣狗嗎 你以后会想养一只台湾狗吗?

Feel free to check out this website to see how you can help doggies and kitties in Taiwan.